In what can be termed as a moment of pride for Mangalureans the world over, Clarks Exotica, one of the most prestigious names in the hospitality industry in India, has continued to attract the world’s attention for the provision of enormous sports and recreation facilities apart from its quality and standards, winning Five Star Award in the category of Resort Hotel for India in the Asia Pacific Region.
When India was celebrating Republic Day on January 26, Ronald Colaco and his family friend Vivek Kumar who manages the hotel were busy receiving the prestigious ‘International Hotel Award’ at the Marrriot Hotel, Grosvenor Square, London.
With this award Clark Exotica joins the top global brands of 139 hotels across the world, out of several thousands shortlisted for the prestigious awards.
The 139 hotels from across the globe were conferred ‘International Hotel Awards’ during the summit held on January 26 at the The London Marrriot Hotel, Grosvenor Square. Among the awardees were top names like J W Marriot Hotel Hanoi, Intercontinental Shenzhen, The Torch Doha, Sofitel The Palm Dubai, Sheraton Pattaya Resort, Singapore Marrriot Hotel, The St Regis Bali Resort, The Oberoi Group, Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, Sofitel So Bangkok, Sofitel So Mauritius, Raffles Praslin Seychelles, Sheraton on the Park Sydney, Hotel Xenia UK, Fairmont Le Mantreux Palace Switzerland, Hilton Frankfurt Airport, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Conrad Bangkok, Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa Bali, etc.
Clarks Exotica’s earlier awards includes:
1) International Quality Summit Gold Category Award from BID Spain given in New York, USAon May 27, 2013.
2) ‘European Award for Best Practices 2013’ presented by European Society for Quality Research (ESQR) Switzerland on December 9, 2013 in Vienna, Austria.
3) 6th Golden Star Award in Mumbai on February 14, 2014 qualifying Clarks Exotica as the Resort Hotel of the Year from Stars of Industries, Corporates on Social Responsibility (CSR)
4) South India Travel Awardfrom the Indian Ministry for Tourismfor ‘Ultimate Service Award in Hospitality’ in Hyderabad on March 27, 2014.
5) “The Diamond Eye Award For Quality Commitment & Excellence” conferred by Otherways Management Association Club(OMAC), Paris, France, in Berlin, Germany on March 31, 2014.
6) BID, Madrid, Spain who awarded Clarks Exotica Resort, Spa & Convention Centre with an “International Arch of Europe (IAE) Award” in Platinum Category for the year 2014 during the International BID Quality Convention held at Inter Continental Hotel in Frankfurt, Germany on the April 13, 2014, for commitment to quality and excellence.
7) Award in the form of “Certificate of Excellence – 2014” from Trip Advisor held on May 20, 2014 in Massachusetts, USA.
8) “India says Yes – Awesome Food Award” given on July 22, 2014 at New Delhi.
9) Today’s Travelers Award for the best Resort in Bengaluru conferred by Incredible India supported by ministry of tourism, government of India.
10) Prestigious “International Hotel Award” conferred a 5 Star Award in the category of Resort Hotel for India in the Asia Pacific region at Marriot Hotel, Grosvenor Square, London on January 26, 2015.
Seven major international awards and 3 National Awards have proved that Clarks Exotica is undoubtadly a top ranked five star hotel, owned by a Mangalurean, NRI entrepreneur and philanthropist Ronald Colaco.
Colaco who has made headlines for his community support and philantropic work, has humbly dedicated all these awards to people who work at Clarks Exotica and to its management.
According to Ronald Colaco, all these awards, apart from provision of non-income earning sports and recreation facilities, are mainly due to the standard and quality of service maintained by the Clarks Exotica management under the leadership of Vivek Kumar and M Balaji. It should be noted that Vivek Kumar and his family owns a number of 5 Star hotels in Northern India.